Choose the best answer to each question. Then check your answers.
1. Work in small groups. Look carefully at any coins you have on you. Then, do the activity.
You are the leaders of a new country. First, think of the name of your country. You are going to issue new coins. Think of a name for your currency (e.g. neuro, pollar, posos, etc.). Then design two coins for two different values. Remember the following:
- Your coins have two different sides.
- The picture on one side is the same for both coins.
- The picture on the other side is different.
- All the pictures must be representative of your country.
- Your country's name and the value of the coin must appear somewhere.
- You must be able to explain what the pictures on your coins represent.
2. Present your coins to the class. Tell them the name of your country and explain what the symbols on the coins represent.
3. Listen to the other groups' presentations.
4. Vote for the best coins and the best justifications of them.