Choose the best answer to each question. Then check your answers.
1. Work in small groups. You are a group of refugees who have arrived in a town where you would like to stay. You have to try to persuade the local council to accept you. Think about what you are going to say, e.g.
- Who you are. Are you a family, a group of friends or people who you met when you left your country?
- The reason(s) why you left your country.
- Why you need help and what kind of help you need (accommodation, work, school for your children, money...)
- What you are prepared to do to become part of the local community.
2. Present your answers to the class (the local council).
3. Vote as members of the local council on the two groups of refugees you can help (i.e. the ones who have given the best arguments to stay).